After 762 Products on TpT, I Discovered What I Was Really Building

 

Yesterday, I sat down in front of my Teachers Pay Teachers store.

The same store I have shared and promoted with excitement for years.

Class Plus.

I opened the first page.

Then the second.

Then the third.

And I kept scrolling through product after product until I reached a number I had never truly stopped to look at before.

762 products.

I stared at that number for several minutes.

And then I asked myself a question I had been avoiding for years.

What had happened during all this time?

Why, after thousands of hours of work, did I still feel like something was missing?

For years, I thought the answer was in the next product.

The next idea.

The next trend.

The next strategy.

So I kept creating.

And creating.

And creating.

Until one day, I decided to do the opposite.

I was not going to create another product.

First, I needed to understand the 762 products I had already created.

And that decision changed everything.

For weeks, I stopped thinking about algorithms, keywords, and marketing.

I simply observed.

I looked at my own resources.

I organized them.

I analyzed them.

I wrote.

I reflected.

And then it happened.

That moment we all know as an “Aha!” moment.

I did not find a new idea.

I found something much more valuable.

I discovered the invisible thread that connected all my products.

In just a few weeks, I understood what had taken me ten years to build.

And, surprisingly, that realization made many of my frustrations disappear.

Because I no longer needed to invent something different.

I only needed to understand what I had already created.

What I Learned After 762 Products

1. The first business you build is yourself.

When I opened my store, I was full of excitement and dreams.

But excitement alone is not enough.

Before building a business, you have to build yourself.

Your beliefs.

Your identity.

Your confidence in what you do.

Because a business never grows faster than the person leading it.

If you constantly doubt yourself, that doubt will eventually appear in every decision you make.

2. Clarity is power.

Tony Robbins says, “Clarity is power,” and today I understand why.

For years, I thought selling meant creating something for everyone.

Today, I believe the opposite.

A business needs a philosophy so clear that people can understand it within seconds.

It needs a purpose.

An identity.

A DNA.

It took me 762 products to discover mine.

I wish someone had told me earlier that clarity does not always come from creating more.

Sometimes, clarity comes from stopping.

3. Businesses are also built with blueprints.

Nobody builds a house by placing bricks randomly.

First, there is a blueprint.

Then there is a structure.

And finally, the details are added.

A business works the same way.

We need systems.

A system for creating.

A system for organizing.

A system for communicating.

A system for selling.

But most importantly, we need a way of thinking that helps us make decisions aligned with what we truly want to build.

4. Discover your own philosophy.

Every teacher teaches content.

But no teacher teaches in exactly the same way.

Each one has a unique way of connecting with students.

That way eventually appears in the resources we create.

For years, I thought I was simply creating activities.

Today, I understand that, without realizing it, I was building a philosophy.

In my case, everything came back to one idea:

Helping children connect what they learn with their own lives.

That has always been the DNA of Class Plus.

I just needed ten years to see it.

5. Have faith and be patient.

I made many wrong decisions.

I followed trends.

I changed direction.

I tried to do what others were doing.

Today, I do not regret it.

Everything became part of the journey.

I learned one important lesson:

Do not make decisions out of fear.

Do not make decisions out of desperation.

Make decisions because they bring you closer to the person you want to become and the project you truly want to build.

6. Some creations can only be understood when they are finished.

This was the reflection that gave me the most peace.

Some people discover their purpose very early.

Others understand it many years later.

And neither path is wrong.

I needed to step away from my store to understand it.

I did not understand the meaning behind my 762 products while I was creating them.

I understood it when I stopped creating.

So, What Now?

I do not know if reorganizing my store will help me sell more.

I hope it does.

But if it does not, that is okay too.

Because for the first time, I feel that I found what I had been searching for all these years: the meaning behind everything I had built.

Today, I look at Class Plus with different eyes.

I no longer see 762 products.

I see a philosophy.

I see a way of teaching.

I see thousands of hours dedicated to helping children connect learning with their own lives.

That has always been the DNA of my store.

I just needed to stop and see it.

There is still work to do. I want to organize my store better and make this philosophy more visible, so that any teacher who visits can quickly understand what Class Plus represents.

If you are also building something — a store, a project, a dream, or an idea — I want to tell you one thing:

Do not be afraid to stop.

Sometimes we believe the answer is to do more.

Create more.

Work more.

But sometimes the greatest answers appear when we stop running and allow ourselves to observe.

Because only when I stepped away from my store was I able to understand the work I had been building for ten years.

If you ever visit Class Plus, I hope you do not only find resources for your classroom.

I hope you find a way of teaching that seeks to connect learning with children’s lives, because that has been my true mission from the very beginning, even before I was fully aware of it.

And if this reflection made you stop for a few minutes and look at your own journey from a different perspective, then it has already served its purpose.

After 762 products, I did not discover the secret to selling more. I discovered something much more valuable: the why behind everything I had built.

P.S. If you are curious to see the store that inspired this reflection, I would love for you to visit Class Plus. You may find resources that support your classroom, but more importantly, you may discover a teaching philosophy that has been growing for ten years — even before I fully understood it myself.

Comments